Saturday, January 2, 2010

Next stop, France...


As the 2009 year came to a close, I was surrounded by great people and it reminded me just how much I had to be thankful for. With my very first international event coming up next week, it's been important to acknowledge all of the much needed support that I've received. The list of people I have to thank is so much larger than what I have listed on my blog.

To be completely honest, I'm going into next week with VERY mixed feelings. It's my first time traveling overseas. It's my first time attempting to take on an international field of competitors. I'm traveling alone. I've learned about 17 French words. What's really in store out there?

With only a day left before I leave, I also note the brighter side. I may be traveling alone, but I've got all of my reservations laid out and printed. The mountain in France is at an equivalent elevation to our mountains here in Tahoe. I'm READY. My new board is READY. My mind is READY. The European teams want these points, but I want them more. The Philippines team has been working hard all over the globe to make this year historical, and it's my time to contribute.

I leave early Monday from San Francisco, and I'll have my camera out the second I land in France. For those of you that have been following along, I will have my phone but I don't plan on using it. As soon as I'm settled in at the Puy St. Vincent village, I'll have my Facebook Page signed in to chat with you all. Once again I would like to thank each and every one of you for your continued support leading up to this season, I can't wait to come back with some great results.

Kenneth C.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kenneth.

    This is Francis Santiago, a sports reporter from Manila Bulletin, a leading daily broadsheet in the Philippines.
    I chanced upon your blog and read your bid to represent the Philippines in the 2010 Winter Olympics.
    I hope I could feature your story about your campaign since you represent the Philippines and actually chose to represent the Phil instead of US.
    I think you deserve recognition from the people whom you will represent.
    I just want to ask if I could do an on-line interview with you.
    Or, if you have time please give details about your campaign - like what do you need to do to qualify (I'm not really familiar with the sport), your family background, hometown, age, who are the Filipinos in your parents, present work, when did you start playing the sport, etc... and your thoughts on representing the Philippines in the Games.
    You could reach me through francisgsantiago@gmail.com.
    My contact info: 09164006492
    Thanks so much Kenneth.

    ReplyDelete